There are several things you should do if you are injured on the job, while on an oil rig, ship, or any other vessel.
- First, seek medical attention.
- Take photos of the scene and your injuries, if possible.
- Look at who witnessed the incident and write down their contact information.
- Report the injury to your employer as soon as possible.
- Do not sign anything or discuss the details of the accident with anyone other than your doctor and attorney.
- After your injury has been reported and your medical needs are taken care of, call the offshore accident lawyer at Zehl & Associates.
- Obviously, in some cases, it is impossible if the injury is very serious. But an attorney will tell you that it is better to err by having too much evidence rather than too little.
Maritime law, also known as maritime law, can help oil rig workers, longshoremen, shipowners, and others who work offshore, obtain compensation for medical expenses and lost wages when they have been injured, regardless of fault. But if you want a better result, you need a lawyer specialized in maritime law on your side.
Don’t settle for an attorney who has never handled a maritime law or Jones Law case. Demand an attorney with a proven track record of successful cases in Texas. We have the results to prove that we are lawyers, specialized in maritime law, committed and experienced.
Talking to an attorney about your options is free. Find out if we can help you file an offshore injury claim and seek the maximum compensation available under the law.
The Responsibilities of a Maritime Employer
It is the legal duty of an employer to provide employees with a safe workplace. Working at sea carries inherent dangers, but that does not mean that many injuries could not have been prevented if the company had acted responsibly.
Nobody deserves to work in a dangerous place. Employers must keep machinery and equipment up to date, make sure employees are qualified for the tasks they perform and be sure the workplace is free from foreseeable hazards – broken stair rails or damaged safety equipment.
Get a Specialized Offshore accident Lawyer
Maritime law is a complex legal field that requires diligent, meticulous, and committed attorneys. At Zehl & Associates, We are prepared to help workers on oil rigs, ships, boats, and ports in Texas and the Gulf Coast obtain the compensation that will help them and their families after a work injury.
We believe that everyone deserves a safe workplace. When people get hurt, they must do something about it. Our attorneys at Zehl & Associates want to help you do that. When you hire our attorneys, your well-being becomes our priority.
Do you have any questions about this article? Click here to contact us today.